Thursday, November 15, 2007

What Month Is This?

Hum the tune to "What Child Is This?" when you read that title.

Seriously, have we just skipped Thanksgiving and gone straight to Christmas this year? My street is aglow with garish flashing lights, inflatable santas, and giant candy canes. There are no more pumpkins and scarecrows and sparkly fall leaves. All of the stores are packed with ornaments, wreaths, and shrink-wrapped gift sets.

With all of this hype, I am afraid to go to Target or Walmart. The crowds could be ugly.
I am doing a lot of my shopping online this year. There are lots of great deals out there. Check these out:

www.eyeslipsface.com/ - This one is great for stocking stuffers.

www.thecandleshop.net/ - Everyone loves candles.

www.buy.com/ - Get anything (except clothes and shoes) here.

www.overstock.com/ - Good deals plus $1 shipping!

www.findgifts.com/ - This site gives suggestions for the people on your list.
My advice is to shop online, but if you are going to the stores, you have my respect. I have to return something to the mall today, so wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christie, your devoted blog readers want to know about the acorn incident. Don't deprive us!