Monday, November 19, 2007

Does Anyone Remember Jem?

That Smurf pic from the previous post reminded me of my all-time favorite Saturday morning cartoon. I used to love Jem. Remember her? She was Jerrica until she pressed her fabulous earring and then she became JEM! - Super Rock Star. As the theme song said, she was truly outrageous. And better than Barbie because she was soooo mysterious and she had a rock band.
Anyway, I have good memories of watching Jem , so I decided to google and see if it still comes on. Guess what I found?
There is a whole world of Jem-lovers out there and it is a little bit scary. There is one site called "The Cult of Jem."
People are continuing the story of Jem by writing their own "episodes."
You can even upload all of the shows and the songs that they sang! And I kind of want to!
If you are a Jem-lover, check out this site:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think there are any Jem episodes about being hit with speeding acorns? You might want write one from your own experience.

Anonymous said...

enough with the acorns!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Of course I remember Gem! Check this out, I even had a Gem doll, with the flashing earrings and everything. It is crazy what we remember from being young. Ha Ha!!

Anonymous said...

You had the doll???? Lucky!!