Monday, December 17, 2007

This past weekend, I watched Amazing Grace, the movie based on the work of William Wilberforce. I really didn't think that I would like it, but it was very good. Movies about Christians have come a long way! There were several talented British actors in this movie, including Ioan Gruffudd, Albert Finney, and Rufus Sewell. I highly recommend this movie and I hope that in the future Wilberforce will get more recognition as a tireless advocate for the abolition of slavery.

Today, I have been making some Christmas cookies and candies. Ben's sisters are coming home later this week and I hope they come hungry! I made some these cute reindeer cookies and and these yummy, melty, rollo pretzels. To make the reindeer cookies, just make sugar or peanut butter cookies and break pretzels for the antlers. Then add red M&M noses and use chocolate chips or M&Ms for the eyes. The rollo pretzels are easy. Just melt the rollo on a pretzel and press a half pecan into the melty goodness. Try them out!

2 comments:

Faith Creations said...

I love the cookies and rollos. How come I didn't get any of those?

Anonymous said...

Those aren't sugar free! We need to figure out how to make them for diabetics!