Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008!

I haven't blogged in so long! I need to apologize to all two of the people who read this blog. Sorry! I should be back on track now because after tomorrow, all of the hectic times will slow down.

TOMORROW IS MOVING DAY! We have the truck all packed up and we are headed out to Louisville at 5:30 A.M. This is really exciting for Ben and I and he really cannot wait to begin his doctoral work.
We are moving into a two bedroom apartment on the campus of Southern Seminary. I am planning to begin posting pics of the apartment and the moving-in process so our families can see how we are living.

We are getting ready to leave for my last church service at our precious New Home Baptist Church. The Lord truly provided a gift of love for us in that church. Ben has labored over The Word and has greatly enjoyed preaching and teaching the members there. I have fallen in love with the sweet families and especially the two new babies that have been born since our time there. It will be hard to say goodbye to them, but God continues to astound us with his mercy and all that he is able to do through these two flawed servants.

Prayer Requests:
Our friend Laurie Price continues to need prayer for her mother who is now undergoing chemotherapy.

Pray for the health and stamina of Bob and Peggy Ostenson.
A high school friend of mine, LeAnn Arnold lost her father on Christmas Day. She and her mother, sister, and brother need prayers during their time of grief.

So......I guess this is my last blog as a Mississippian. Louisville, here we come!

3 comments:

In Small Spectacles said...

Our church plant is in the Ohio Valley Presbytery, which I believe Louisville is in as well. Welcome to the bluegrass state. Let me know if you want any information about our plant and the church planter who just moved here in August.

Faith Creations said...

You will always be a Mississippian

Anonymous said...

So True!!!