Sunday, March 30, 2008

Well begun is half done - (a Poppins-ism)

This weekend Ben is in Toledo to preach at a friend's church. The friend, Joe, just welcomed his second child and first son. He needed a weekend off, so Ben has trucked up to Toledo to fill in. I stayed behind to get some school work done and planned to do some shopping. Ben drove my car to Ohio, so I was going to use his, but it is leaking puddles of fluid, so I am stuck at home until Ben returns. I am too afraid to drive it because I don't want to get stuck somewhere.
In the meantime, I am amusing myself with some movies. I watched Mary Poppins and when it ended, I turned on the commentary and watched it again. Good movie with a ton of great quotes.
This afternoon, I am going to watch The Sound of Music. Only once. Julie Andrews can be very relaxing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, as a film musical goes, it's "practically perfect," isn't it? :o) Glad to see things are going well for you two...

Anonymous said...

I know a man with a wooden leg named Smith...

Anonymous said...

What was the name of his other leg?