Monday, March 3, 2008

Is that the sun?

The sun came out this weekend. It was beautiful. We had not seen it in so long that all of the light was kind of a shock. Since we came to Louisville, days have been gray and cold. Sunday was a wonderful gift from God with blue skies and mild weather that made everyone want to get outdoors.
Ben and I went to church on Sunday at Third Avenue with our new friends Ben and Cynthia. I forgot to mention in earlier blogs that every third person here is named Ben. We joke that it is the prophetic name for this decade. Just in our building there are three Bens and there are several others in class with my Ben.
On Sunday we also met Wes Pastor from NETS in Vermont. He will be speaking at the Seminary and at another couple of local churches. He was very interesting as he told about the challenges of church planting in New England. Ben and I are meeting with him on Tuesday to discuss more about planting churches. The NETS program of study and internship is an incredible model for preparing church planters. We have both been really impressed with what we have read about it, and hope to learn more from Mr. Pastor during our meeting.
My SWI class this term is about the history of the Southern Baptist Convention and it is wonderful. Dr. Wills and Mrs. Mohler have done an incredible job of educating the wives about our heritage as Baptists.
Teaching is still going really badly. I could list my many complaints against public education and the impossibility of this career, but instead I will say - FOUR WEEKS UNTIL SPRING BREAK!!!!!

No comments: