Sunday, May 11, 2008

Things that go bump in the night

So...Friday night we were really tired and went to bed around 10:00. At about 10:45 I heard a noise outside. I thought it was my imagination and tried to go back to sleep. Just then, someone started to jiggle the doorknob of our apartment! It scared me and I tried to wake Ben up to come to the door with me. He was out cold, so I went into the living room alone. The person was still trying to get the door open! I started yelling, "Who's there?" and holding the chain lock. The person yelled back, "Open!" Finally, I screamed for Ben to come into the living room and he (all 6 feet and shirtless) flung open the door. In our doorway stood a tiny Asian man with two boxes of Smuckers Uncrustables under his arm. Seriously. We believe that he was staying with family and had come to wrong apartment, but he didn't say anything. He just left. In the end, I think we scared him more than he scared us.

4 comments:

laura said...

oh my gosh, christie. that's really scary but really funny. SMUCKERS!

Wayne said...

You need peep hole and a porch light. I'll see about putting one in 1st I visit if you don't get the apartment maint. to do it 1st.
Uncle Wayne

Ben and Christie Rogers said...

Thanks, Uncle Wayne. We do have a porch light and a peephole, but the porch light has a mind of its own. Somehow, that peephole just did not come to mind at the time, but next time I think we'll be prepared. Can't wait to see ya'll at the wedding!

Anonymous said...

whats so bad about crust?